By: Sharon Aron Baron
Finally an app has been developed that for those that either dislike going to the grocery store or just need to save some time.
It’s called Shipt and they’re launching a Publix grocery delivery service in South Florida on August 18. According to the Tampa Bay Times, after their launch last week, they couldn’t even keep up with demand with their app showing service was unavailable in parts of the city.
The service costs $49 per year if you sign up during their current early bird promotion. In return, shoppers get unlimited deliveries on orders over $35. After that, the regular price is $99 a year or $14 per month. Orders under $35 are subject to a $7 delivery fee.
Here’s what you do once you register: shop, pay and schedule deliveries through the mobile app on your iOS and Android device. If they don’t have the item you are looking for you can even fill out a “special request”. The Shipt website says that all Publix items will be available for same day delivery in as soon as one hour to your home in Tamarac. All their workers are contracted just like Uber and Lyft drivers making $15 to $20 per order and Shipt is not affiliated with Publix.
Go to Shipt.com to find out more.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home
- News2020.02.17Broward Sheriff’s Office Holding Open House for Interested Job Applicants Feb 22
- News2020.02.15Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 22