By: Sharon Aron Baron
Finally an app has been developed that for those that either dislike going to the grocery store or just need to save some time.
It’s called Shipt and they’re launching a Publix grocery delivery service in South Florida on August 18. According to the Tampa Bay Times, after their launch last week, they couldn’t even keep up with demand with their app showing service was unavailable in parts of the city.
The service costs $49 per year if you sign up during their current early bird promotion. In return, shoppers get unlimited deliveries on orders over $35. After that, the regular price is $99 a year or $14 per month. Orders under $35 are subject to a $7 delivery fee.
Here’s what you do once you register: shop, pay and schedule deliveries through the mobile app on your iOS and Android device. If they don’t have the item you are looking for you can even fill out a “special request”. The Shipt website says that all Publix items will be available for same day delivery in as soon as one hour to your home in Tamarac. All their workers are contracted just like Uber and Lyft drivers making $15 to $20 per order and Shipt is not affiliated with Publix.
Go to Shipt.com to find out more.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County