The Tamarac Organizing for America (OFA) office had their grand opening on Saturday with local supporters, volunteers and elected officials.
With only three days left to register voters before the October 9 deadline, the office had a “Commit to Register, Commit to Vote” registration drive with very little time to waste.
The Tamarac location is the 101st OFA office in the State of Florida. This local office not only gives residents a place to register before the dealine, it is a staging area to organize their volunteers to get people to vote on November 6.
“Voter registration is a hot thing right now. We have to make sure we have as many people possible registered,” said volunteer James Brooks.
Brooks, a laid off Transportation Relocation Specialist from Deerfield Beach got involved with the Obama campaign three months ago. He said that he had to step up and get something done about reelecting Obama instead of doing nothing.
“The neighbors have been very receptive. We’ve already had people walk into our office to register to vote as well as registering out in the field with our volunteers.”
Saturday morning’s grand opening brought out Tamarac Commissioner Pamela Bushnell, Chairman of the Broward Democratic Party, Mitch Ceasar, and State Representative and newly elected Broward Commissioner, Marty Kiar.
Kiar gave an enthusiastic speech in support of President Obama which helped rally volunteers.
“The Tamarac office is in a great location where we need to concentrate on getting new voters registered,” said Brooks. “After Wednesday, we are going to concentrate on getting these voters to the polls.”
If you’d like to volunteer for the new OFA offices in Tamarac, please visit 5465 N. State Rd. 7, Tamarac, FL 33319. You can also come by to sign up and volunteer.
Registering to vote for the November 6 election ends on Tuesday.
All photos on our Facebook Page!
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes