By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and prescription drugs because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet event at Kings Point in Tamarac.
The Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information will be accepted. The service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. Documents destroyed at all BSO’s Shred-A-Thon’s are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Residents who turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well, so get there early as this is one of the most popular Shred-A-Thon’s in Broward County. Residents from North Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Lauderhill and Sunrise and all of Broward County are welcome to participate.
Saturday, April 14, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Kings Point 7620 Nob Hill Road Tamarac FL
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Colossal Children’s Consignment Celebration Comes to Coral Springs Oct 12
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Man Killed in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Tamarac
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County