By Sharon Aron Baron
A North Lauderdale man faces a murder charge following a road rage incident in North Lauderdale last Sunday.
On April 11, at approximately 5 p.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a shooting call near the 1400 block of Avon Lane in North Lauderdale. They learned the victim, Kameron Brown, 26, had been shot by Rudy Derivois, 24, following a road rage incident that began at the 7900 block of West McNab Road in North Lauderdale.
According to detectives, Brown followed Derivois to an apartment complex parking lot near the 1400 block of Avon Lane to address a minor traffic crash between the two. Once there, Brown exited his 2014 Hyundai Elantra and approached Derivois, sitting in a 2017 Hyundai. At some point, an altercation ensued, and Brown was subsequently shot in the neck by Derivois.
North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported Brown to Broward Health North to be treated for his injury.
Derivois, who remained on scene, was taken into custody, charged with attempted felony murder, and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
On Tuesday, April 13, Brown was pronounced deceased at Broward Health North at 1:38 p.m. Derivois now faces one count of second-degree murder.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale