By: Matt Rothman
It was an exciting cross country season in Parkland and Coral Springs, with three different schools having runners compete in the State Championship at Apalachee Regional Park on Friday.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls cross country team returned to the State Championships with seven runners competing.
Freshman Juliana Couch finished with the top time for the Eagles at 22:49.40. Arianna Abreu finished 20 spots back while Morgan Melchiorri, Devyn Sanders, Sofia Schorer Kaplan, Grace MacKenzie, and Taylor Woonton competed.
“This went great,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “The girls enjoyed the competition and are ready to run it back next year since we have such a young team.”
Corel Springs High School Angelica Macarulay ran as a strong race with a time of 22.51:50 after coming in 16th in Regionals.
For JPT, they had Tanaris Jean Pierre compete in his first state completion. He finished 120th with a time of 17:43, which was 12 seconds shy of his personal best at the Falcon Invitational.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent
- NewsNovember 8, 2023J.P. Taravella Cross Country Impresses in Regionals; Soccer Teams Begin Season