By: Matt Rothman
The Trojans had four swimmers, with Zarek Wilson having the top individual result by coming in third in the 100-yard freestyle. His time of 44.57 was less than half a second away from the winner. Wilson also finished ninth in the 200-yard freestyle.
Mason Green came in ninth in the 100-yard butterfly after participating in the preliminaries in the 50-yard freestyle.
R.J. Martin and Miles Green swam with Wilson and Mason on two relay teams and came third in the 200-yard freestyle. Those four also finished in seventh in the 400-yard freestyle after qualifying as a team after Regionals.
For Coral Glades, Cassia Flynn competed as the lone Jaguar. After finishing 11th in preliminaries, she qualified for the final and ended with a time of 53.49.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced