By Sharon Aron Baron
Do you like the classes that the City of Tamarac offers? Our family does.
The Parks and Recreation Department has a good selection and fantastic prices. One of the biggest deterrents I find in signing up is registering. I have to go to the Aquatic Center, the Tamarac Recreation Center, or the Community Center during business hours to do this. I’ve been known to see a great class and never signed up because I was too lazy to register.
This has now changed, as Parks and Recreation informed me that they offer online registration.
The bad news is not all classes are available online. Camp, exercise classes, and special events still require a trip to register. For instance, I wanted to register for the swim class and the Mother’s Day Dance. The dance was not available for online registration. Hopefully, they will get these activities added shortly.
A few classes are available for online registration: Adult trips, karate, tennis, sports, swimming, and weight loss. Just go to this link: https://webtrac.tamarac.org. It will ask you to create an account. If you have already taken a class before, it may not let you complete it because your name is already in the database. Just contact Parks and Recreation for your login at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can change the login and password to the one you use each time.
Online registration allows you to pay with a Visa or MasterCard. It was swift and easy once I received my login information.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes