By Sharon Aron Baron
Great news for the City of Tamarac. While attending Tamarac University this week, Public Works Director Jack Strain informed the class that they are negotiating a new garbage contract. While he couldn’t divulge the company name or terms, he did say that every single-family home in Tamarac will be using the automated garbage pick-up system and will be issued new heavy-duty garbage cans.
This current system is now in place or has been recently implemented in Cooper City, Davie, Miramar, Deerfield Beach, Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Plantation Acres, Pembroke Pines, and Weston.
The new garbage cans will come in two sizes: 65 gallons or 96 gallons. Residents will choose. The carts are heavy-duty enough to withstand animals knocking them over. They also have a moisture seal, which will help eliminate odor. Please read about my experience with these: Garbage Talk.
It gets better: We will no longer have to carry those bulky recycling containers out either. Soon we will receive a rolling recycling cart with a lid. No more newspapers flying around the neighborhood and no more having your neighbors see all of your cereal boxes and cat food! You will be able to choose from a 35 or a 60 Gallon recycling container (Sizes may not be exact).
The recycling containers will be smaller but will carry all your recyclables inside. There will be no need to separate them, as they are sorted at the plant. Jack Strain said that residents would not be paying more for the new service. Stay posted on more updates regarding this.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale