By: Sharon Aron Baron
Saturday was a beautiful day to be out enjoying the weather, and for local children, it was a perfect time to ride bicycles while learning about safety at the annual bicycle rodeo held at the Tamarac Community Center.
While members of the Broward Sheriff’s Office bicycle patrol adjusted the participant’s helmets, volunteers with the City of Tamarac gave adults and children free giveaways and snacks. The deputies taught the children bicycle safety on a course complete with obstacles and stop signs which were challenging for many of them.
On hand was a familiar face for many of the children: School Resource Officer Deputy French from Challenger and Tamarac Elementary that many of the children know so well as well as BSO District Captain Neal Glassman.
This year there were two bicycles being given away thanks to Bike America: one for a girl and one for a boy. Marianna Sosa and Jeremiah Begeansine were both the winners of the drawing and went home with brand new bicycles.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’