By: Sharon Aron Baron
Early voting began on Monday at the Tamarac Branch Library and voters were lining up all day to cast their ballots.
Voting will continue through November 6 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily, and the last day to request a vote-by-mail ballot is Wednesday, November 2nd at 5:00 p.m.
Tamarac residents can head over to the Tamarac Branch Library on 8701 W. Commercial Boulevard – they won’t miss the campaign signs in front, and can even speak to many of the candidates outside the no-campaigning zone who will be more than happy to tell you more about themselves.
Can’t make early voting? Residents can also vote at the poll located within their precinct on Election Day Tuesday, November 8, 2016. You will find the address listed on your voter’s registration card.
Important elections: Besides our presidential and senatorial races, residents can make important changes to local government by voting for a new Broward County Commissioner who will represent Tamarac along with two city commissioners (depending where you live for the city).
There are also charter amendments on both the county and city level that need your attention, as well as the Penny Tax. And don’t be fooled by the Amendment 1 that appears to be for the sun. It’s deceptive and funded by the big power companies and is anything but pro-solar.
Gerald Heller, Candidate for Tamarac City Commission District 3 representing Kings Point and Westwood areas was spotted at the polls today. Heller lives in Kings Point.
Marlon Bolton, Candidate for Tamarac City Commission District 1 which represents the eastern portion of the city was spotted with voters.
Patti Lynn, Tamarac resident and Broward Sheriff’s Office employee multi-tasking today campaigning for her boss Scott Israel and Tamarac City Commissioner Pam Bushnell who is running for District 1.
Barry Harris, Tamarac Resident and political strategist from Think out of the Box who is supporting Michael Udine for Broward County Commission.
Melvin Dubin, candidate for Tamarac City Commission District 3 was out shaking hands and meeting people at the polls today. Dubin lives in Kings Point.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat