By: Sharon Aron Baron
Piper High School will be hosting the third annual Community Wellness Day this Friday where students will meet former Miami Dolphins’ players, Miami Dolphins’ cheerleaders, and receive a special musical performance by R&B recording artist Teenear.
As part of Community Wellness Day, students can participate in several fun activities including basketball, football, soccer and cheerleading sport skill stations,. An athletic showcase area will also feature information about scholarships and athlete profile development.
Attendees can participate in group fitness instruction including Zumba and “Cross-Fit” Fitness as well as JROTC military training. Also, the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) will be performing free body mass index checks.
Students can also enjoy activities such as X-Box dance games, and learn from hands-on demonstrations on how to make healthy nutrition and life choices.
The event takes place on October 23, 2015, from 9 a.m. – noon and will also include the following schools: Banyan Elementary School, Discovery Elementary School, Horizon Elementary School, Nob Hill Elementary School, Sandpiper Elementary School, Village Elementary School, Welleby Elementary School, Bair Middle School and Westpine Middle School.
Many Tamarac residents attend Piper High School, which is the 2014 recipient of the Alliance for a Healthy Generation award.
Piper High School is located at 8000 NW 44th Street, Sunrise, FL 33351.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition
- News2023.01.26School Choice Application Deadline for 2023/24 Fast Approaching
- News2023.01.26Pets of the Week: Juno and Jax Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2023.01.25MISSING: Detectives Search for Woman From Tamarac