By Saraana Jamraj
Shopping trips have become a mission—as people try to avoid close contact with others and abide by shelter-in-place orders, encouraging them to make as few trips as possible in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Having access to groceries and other essential supplies is a necessity, especially for first responders and hospital staff, who might be working overtime under stressful conditions as they work through this pandemic.
In order to meet their needs, Publix is designating Thursday evenings between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. and Friday mornings between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. as special shopping hours for first responders and hospital staff only.
They have already extended hours to designate special shopping hours for the elderly and those especially vulnerable to COVID-19.
The new changes will be implemented beginning Thursday, April 16 and continue until further notice.
The pharmacy will stay open during these special shopping hours as well.
The changes are sweeping—not just for Broward County, but for all Publix locations around the state and country.
Got News Submit it to Tamarac Talk
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac