By: Claire Cornish
Volunteer favorite Rafael is known for his winning smile, beautiful shiny coat, and his fondness for excursions.
An intriguing blend of Catahoula leopard hound and American Staffordshire terrier, Rafael is quite a shy little boy. Still, he is sweet, gentle, and affectionate and waits patiently in his kennel to be noticed and comes forward with a bit of wag of his tail.
Rafael likes both adults and children. He has energy when it is time to play but understands when it is time to sit quietly and relax as well. Rafael is an absolute joy and would bring happiness to any family.
Rafael says to Tamarac residents: “Now is the perfect time to bring me home!”
Rafael’s ID # is A2040936, and he is currently at the Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2020.09.22This Puppy Needs a Chance at a New Home and New Life
- News2020.09.14Theo is a Sweet-Tempered Boy Who Will Be Your Best Friend For Life
- News2020.09.07Briefly Fostered, This Lab-Mix is Now Back at the Shelter Waiting for his Forever Family
- News2020.09.01This 11-Year-Old Girl Was Given Up After a Lifetime with her Family