By: Claire Cornish
Volunteer favorite Rafael is known for his winning smile, beautiful shiny coat, and his fondness for excursions.
An intriguing blend of Catahoula leopard hound and American Staffordshire terrier, Rafael is quite a shy little boy. Still, he is sweet, gentle, and affectionate and waits patiently in his kennel to be noticed and comes forward with a bit of wag of his tail.
Rafael likes both adults and children. He has energy when it is time to play but understands when it is time to sit quietly and relax as well. Rafael is an absolute joy and would bring happiness to any family.
Rafael says to Tamarac residents: “Now is the perfect time to bring me home!”
Rafael’s ID # is A2040936, and he is currently at the Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.05.03Adoption Alert: Patriot Was Abandoned At a Shelter, But is Ready for a Loving Home
- News2021.04.22Constantly Overlooked At Broward County Animal Care, Berger is Ready to Be Loved Again
- News2021.04.06Taken to a Shelter When Her Parents Divorced, Rylee is Looking for a Forever Home
- News2021.03.21Adoption Alert: This Boy Loves Other Dogs and Hopes his New Family is Coming Soon