By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you drive east or west down Commercial Boulevard, then you’ll notice that the asphalt needs a facelift. The current roadway conditions are deteriorating, and hopefully the short-term inconvenience of repaving will be beneficial to the thousands of cars that drive on it everyday.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) awarded General Asphalt Company a contract for $1,172.000 to improve the roadway conditions along Commercial Boulevard from the west at White Oak Lane to the east of NW 49th Ave in Tamarac.
According to Barbara Kelleher, spokesperson for FDOT, Construction is beginning this month and is expected to be completed by late 2014.
Some of the improvements will include:
- Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway
- Upgrading the pedestrian cross walk signal at Woodlands Blvd
- Upgrading the lighting at the NE and NW corners of the intersection of Commercial and Woodlands Blvd by adding two new lights to the other two corners of the intersection.
Daytime lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays. No lane closures will occur in the eastbound direction of Commercial Boulevard between 6:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. No lane closures will occur in the westbound direction of Commercial Boulevard between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Overnight closures are expected in order to allow crews to perform paving operations.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton