By Claire Cornish
Rocky is a gentle, shy three-year-old Labrador mix who is hoping to find his forever family soon.
Nobody can really understand why he hasn’t been snapped up yet; he is the kind of dog for whom there should be a line of adopters forming around the block because he is as sweet, polite, and mannerly as they come.
Rocky has recently enjoyed participating in the Lunch Buddies program and was proud to display his excellent table manners. He likes adventures, nature trails, and car rides, all of which are greeted with a beaming smile and a heartily wagging tail.
We don’t really know where his shyness has come from. Rocky likes other dogs and was keen to try playgroup, but when the rough and rowdier pus joined the fray, he hid behind a tree in the yard and waited patiently for a quieter group of playmates to appear.
Rocky may not have been treated with a gentle hand or spoken to in a loving tone before, but he absorbs kindness like a sponge and positively blossoms with attention.
He is house-trained, has an excellent grasp of commands, and would make the perfect addition to any family.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.07.05Charming Puppy Needs Forever Home
- News2021.06.18Rocky is Sweet, Polite, and Mannerly as they Come and is Seeking a Forever Home
- News2021.05.26Adoption Alert: Cupid Is Determined To Shower His New Family With Kisses
- News2021.05.03Adoption Alert: Patriot Was Abandoned At a Shelter, But is Ready for a Loving Home