One Florida School Board member wants to spread the word that parents that wear inappropriate outfits to pick up their children from school are not setting a good example.
Broward County School Board member Rosalind Osgood, who represents parts of Tamarac, said at a board meeting this month that too many moms and dads are going to schools in inappropriate outfits that clearly violate the dress code students are expected to follow.
Osgood told the Sun Sentinel, “We have dads showing up in sagging pants…it’s hard for me to tell a child not to show up for school with hair curlers, pajamas or short shorts if they see parents wearing them. Parents need to lead by example.”
Osgood’s suggestion has made national news with outlets such as CNN, NY Daily News, ABC, Huffington Post, CBS and Fox.
Enforcing a written adult dress code would be challenging, Osgood said. However, the issue is something that principals could address during Parent Night at the beginning of the school year.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club