One Florida School Board member wants to spread the word that parents that wear inappropriate outfits to pick up their children from school are not setting a good example.
Broward County School Board member Rosalind Osgood, who represents parts of Tamarac, said at a board meeting this month that too many moms and dads are going to schools in inappropriate outfits that clearly violate the dress code students are expected to follow.
Osgood told the Sun Sentinel, “We have dads showing up in sagging pants…it’s hard for me to tell a child not to show up for school with hair curlers, pajamas or short shorts if they see parents wearing them. Parents need to lead by example.”
Osgood’s suggestion has made national news with outlets such as CNN, NY Daily News, ABC, Huffington Post, CBS and Fox.
Enforcing a written adult dress code would be challenging, Osgood said. However, the issue is something that principals could address during Parent Night at the beginning of the school year.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.282020 Teen Summit Held in Tamarac
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport