By: Matt Rothman
While the J.P. Taravella girls soccer team did not officially hold a senior night, the Trojans would not be where they were without two of them.
Seniors Kayla Schloss and Mackenzie Korenic were critical in helping JPT go 12-7-1 during the regular season.
“I was honored to have the opportunity to coach them both and proud of their accomplishments this season,” said Head Coach Alex Palmaz. “They both know that they’re Trojans for life, and as long as I’m the coach at Taravella, they’re always welcome on our field.”
Schloss was the primary goalkeeper all season, making plenty of terrific saves. Korenic was a utility player who played whatever position Coach Palmaz asked her to play while on the field.
Next, JPT will prepare for the District Postseason starting next week. They are still waiting to see who they will be playing.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent