By Sharon Aron Baron
The new Broward reservation system for COVID-19 vaccinations went live on Thursday morning.
The Florida Department of Health in Broward County is now included in the new State COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduling system. Appointment sites can be scheduled using the system immediately.
Seniors ages 65 and older and frontline healthcare workers can call 866-201-6313 now to reserve their spot.
When people call the number, they will be asked through an automated system to enter information using their keypad. Live agents will call back to make the appointments until all current slots are filled.
Those who receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at the DOH-Broward sites through his new system will be asked to schedule their second dose the same way.
People who received their first dose of the vaccine at a DOH-Broward site without making an appointment in the new appointment system do not need to make an appointment for their second dose. They should return to the same site on the date written on the vaccination card at the same time as they arrived for their first dose.
Other than these individuals receiving their second dose, no one will be served without an appointment.
“While the original scheduling system failed, it is my hope since working with the Florida Department of Health Broward, the Department of Emergency Management, and cities in my district that this new system will be seamless in getting our seniors and frontline healthcare workers the vaccine expeditiously,” said State Rep. Dan Daley.
So far, of the 100,090 doses of COVID-19 vaccines provided in Broward County, 53,295 have been provided at DOH-Broward managed sites in partnership with the county, municipalities, BSO municipal law enforcement, and EMS/Fire Rescue.
Rep. Daley said, “I will continue to keep the pressure on, where necessary, to roll out the vaccine safely and quickly.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year