By: Sharon Aron Baron
New to politics, mayoral candidate Elvin Villalobos has a strong campaign, many volunteers and more money raised than any other candidate.
Through an online tip by a resident, we were advised that Villalobos had been arrested which they posted about on a YouTube video which has since been pulled.
After a background check, we confirmed that Villalobos, was arrested on October 8, 2012 for battery – a first-degree misdemeanor. He would serve six months of probation.
Villalobos, who was 27-years-old at the time, was open about the event that occurred that day and said it wasn’t a secret because when he applied to serve on the Parks & Recreation Board in Tamarac, he disclosed it to the city.
According to Villalobos, in 2012, he got into a small accident and the driver of the other vehicle got out of his car screaming, and started a physical altercation with him.
“I don’t have a temper. I’m very quiet,” said Villalobos. “I usually like to defuse situations. It was a mistake. Finding out that this person was okay was a mistake.”
The other driver accused Villalobos of touching his face, hired an attorney and collected $10,000 pain and suffering for his back due to the accident.
He regrets that day and warned that if a driver looks aggressive, he suggests to stay in the car and call police. He now has cameras set up in his car and his wife said he drives like an old man.
“I’ve had one speeding ticket in Broward since,” he said. “I like to just chill; absolutely abide by the law. I’m more conscious what I do and what I say.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County