By: Saraana Jamraj
The Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac is celebrating Purim, the Festival of Lots that commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from Haman.
This year, the Purim celebration comes with an African theme with an African drum circle, kids crafts, a dinner buffet, and more. Also, they’ll have megilla readings, a banana split bar, a juice bar, and an open bar.
The Chabad Jewish Center’s mission is to provide every Jewish person, regardless of background or degree of commitment, the opportunity to discover their shared heritage in a welcoming environment. They also offer educational and social services to the community, including hospital visits and Shabbat services and dinners.
The event is open to all ages, and the cost of admission before March 2 is $22 for adults, $12 for children, or $50 for the whole family. After that date, admission is $25 for adults, $15 for children, for $75 for the family.
Sponsorships are also available at three levels– $100 for a Gragger sponsorship, $180 for a Hamentash, or $360 for Queen Esther.
The celebration will take place on Tuesday, March 10, at 5:30 pm. at 8100 N. University Drive. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.02.09Tamarac to Receive 79 Additional Bus Shelters and Amenities