By: Sharon Aron Baron
March is Florida Bicycle Month, and to celebrate, Tamarac is holding their Annual Bike Event where children can learn about safety and the rules of the road.
To promote the use of Broward’s bicycle facilities, bicycle safety, and the health benefits of active transportation, the Broward MPO partnered with the City of Tamarac to co-host the annual Let’s Go Biking! Event. Cyclists of all ages and abilities are encouraged to participate.
In addition to a bike ride, other fun activities include helmet fittings, a bike rodeo, and bicycle giveaways will be in store.
For information about Complete Streets, visit BetterStreetsBetterBroward.org
All participants will meet with their bicycles on Saturday, March 7, 2020, at Tamarac City Hall 7525 Northwest 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321, where the event will run from 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.04.03Florida COVID-19 Cases City by City Report for April 3
- News2020.04.03Tamarac Mayor Encourages Residents to Send Letters of Appreciation to Those on the Front Line
- News2020.04.02Tamarac Experiences Large Increase of COVID-19 Cases on April 2 City by City Report
- News2020.04.01Detective Searching for Thief Who Stole 2 Huge TV’s From Walmart