By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac City Manager Michael Cernech, who was just picked to run Delray Beach, shared the news of his upcoming departure with city staff on Wednesday morning.
He said he had the privilege of serving the city of Tamarac for the past 18 years and has seen many great things happen — and through the hard work of everyone, many things are poised to occur.
“Yesterday I was selected as the new city manager in Delray Beach,” he said. “Most of you know I’ve very selectively looked at some jobs in the past couple of years as I’ve shared with you. There are a handful of places I’ve always thought I’d like to be the city manager of, Delray Beach was always one of those places.”
He told staff he was excited for the new opportunity, however, also sad, as this has been his home for 18 years.
“What I’ll miss most is all of you. I’ve always said it’s our employees who make us great. Your hard work and dedication to serving the Tamarac community have made this opportunity possible for me, and I need you to know how much I appreciate that.”
Cernech said he still needed to negotiate a contract with the Delray Beach and get it approved by their city commission. He did not expect to leave for at least two more months and promised them that he would “tidy things up” and not leave any loose ends.
“The city remains in great shape, and Assistant City Manager Kathleen Gunn and all the department directors will continue to provide exceptional leadership and keep the city on track during this transition. I’ll keep you informed as to my progress and again, thank you for all your support.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony