By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamarac Talk has resumed providing updates on data from the Florida Department of Health.
Unfortunately, fall has brought with it some bad news; COVID-19 cases are setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of November 22, there have been 2,631 positive COVID-19 cases in Tamarac. That’s an increase of 49 positive cases since we last updated readers on the data on Friday, November 20.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 944,745 positive COVID-19 cases to date.
There were 95,791 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on November 22, with 8,535 coming back positive. Over the last two weeks, positive test rates have remained steady, ranging from 9.81-percent on November 6 to 8.91-percent on November 22. On November 13 the rate was 11.37-percent, the highest Florida has seen since the new wave of infections began.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on November 22 was 40-years-old. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 18,085 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19, with 53,499 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 23,845
Pompano Beach 11,235
Coral Springs 5,012
Deerfield Beach 2,923
Coconut Creek 2,075
North Lauderdale 1,721
Oakland Park 1,459
Pembroke Pines 1,546
Cooper City 914
Lauderdale Lakes 457
Wilton Manors 438
Southwest Ranches 324
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.01.27Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Testing Falls, Positivity Rates Remain High
- News2021.01.25Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Weekend Testing and Cases Fall, Positivity Rate Rises
- News2021.01.22Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Cases and Positivity Rate Spikes In Florida
- News2021.01.20Tamarac COVID-19 Update: Florida Positivity Rate Nears 2021 High