By Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are seeking the identity of a man who set fire to a Family Dollar Store in Tamarac.
At approximately 5:17 p.m. on July 12, the Broward Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a fire at the Family Dollar store located at 3150 West Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac.
When deputies arrived, they learned that a man walked into the business and started the fire.
Witnesses say the man intentionally sprayed an unknown type of accelerant inside the business before igniting the substance. Employees and customers were able to evacuate the store, and no one was injured.
Tamarac Fire Rescue was dispatched, along with multiple other fire departments, including BSO Fire Rescue, to tackle and eventually extinguish the fire successfully.
BSO violent crimes detectives and the State Fire Marshal Office also responded to the scene to investigate. Violent crimes detectives are asking anyone with information regarding this case to please contact Detective Carlos Ortez at 954-321-4224.
Remain anonymous, and contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Got News? Sent it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County