By Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are seeking the identity of a man who set fire to a Family Dollar Store in Tamarac.
At approximately 5:17 p.m. on July 12, the Broward Sheriff’s Office received a call regarding a fire at the Family Dollar store located at 3150 West Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac.
When deputies arrived, they learned that a man walked into the business and started the fire.
Witnesses say the man intentionally sprayed an unknown type of accelerant inside the business before igniting the substance. Employees and customers were able to evacuate the store, and no one was injured.
Tamarac Fire Rescue was dispatched, along with multiple other fire departments, including BSO Fire Rescue, to tackle and eventually extinguish the fire successfully.
BSO violent crimes detectives and the State Fire Marshal Office also responded to the scene to investigate. Violent crimes detectives are asking anyone with information regarding this case to please contact Detective Carlos Ortez at 954-321-4224.
Remain anonymous, and contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Got News? Sent it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year