By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac, along with the Veterans Affairs Committee, is holding its Memorial Day Service in a new location, followed with live music by the Victory Dolls.
The featured speaker is Commander Tom Melville, retired USN. After graduation from college in 1966, he completed college and was accepted into Naval Aviation Officer Candidate School. He was later commissioned to an Ensign in the U.S. Naval Reserve. During his 27-year military career.
Commander Melville served in active duty in the Naval Reserve Intelligence units in New York, Washington, D.C., and Florida and was awarded a Letter of Commendation from the Naval Reserve Intelligence Command and nine Campaign Medals and Ribbons. He and his wife, Joanne, live in the City of Coral Springs. They have three adult children and six grandchildren.
The Tamarac Fire Rescue Honor Guard will give the Presentation of Colors.
Held on Monday, May 30, at 10:30 am. Due to construction at Veteran’s Park, the ceremony will be held at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd. Registration is required due to space. Go to www.eventbrite.com to register.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications