I’ve been accused of being anti-charter school. Am I against all charter schools? Not necessarily. Am I against most of them? Perhaps. Especially when there have been so few that have proven any exceptional benefits to students besides teaching to the State tests.
One of them that hasn’t proven a darn thing is Pivot Charter School. I just received a sales brochure mailed to my home talking about all the benefits of the 6-12 location here in Tamarac.
It even says to come tour their new state-of-the-art facilities!
Where could these be?
Why, in the same place they were before – a strip center off Pine Island Road.
Parents, let me introduce their state-of-the-art facility:
Looks like they’re preparing kids for a life of this:
Do our residents realize that they just received a failing grade from the State? In testing language, this means they just got an F.
Pivot charter schools says that they incorporate an online curriculum with onsite Florida certified teachers to form the accredited blended model used by many colleges today. What? They don’t teach their own students 100 percent of the time? What is the State paying for here, the students to do online work?
The brochure does disclose that they are looking for students that want to excel, graduate early and are self-motivated. However, if your child is so inclined, I suggest enrolling them in College Academy – a joint venture between Broward County Schools and Broward College.
Certainly not here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton