By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac Veteran’s Day Service was held on Tuesday morning and featured keynote speaker Lieutenant Colonel David S. Abrahams of the U.S. Army.
With beautiful weather making the day even more special, the audience consisting of residents and veterans were treated to the music of the JP Taravella High School Concert Band led by Sheldon Williams.
The National Anthem was performed by Chantal Deshaies, the invocation was given by William Mei, of the Veterans Affairs Committee and Paul Kinney performed “Amazing Grace” on the bagpipes.
The special guest speaker was Thomas Ellis, Senior Director of Mission United.
The City of Tamarac as well as the Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee hosts both the Veterans and Memorial Day Ceremonies each year. The Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee is comprised of local veterans who provide volunteer community services to veterans in need.
Most of the volunteers belong to American Legion Post #265, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A., Post #519, the AMVETS Post #2, Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter #674, Marine Corps League-Tamarac Detachment 755, DAV Chapter #73 or American Ex-Prisoners of War-Broward/South Palm Beach Chapter.
The event was sponsored by VITAS Healthcare which also provided refreshments.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County