By: Sharon Aron Baron
In a message from the City of Tamarac, City Manager Michael Cernech urges all residents and visitors to the City to use cloth face coverings in their latest emergency order.
This request is while utilizing essential services or activities, in addition to other recommended social distancing measures.
This order is effective immediately and available at tamarac.org.
City flags are currently flying at half-staff in honor of BSO Deputy Shannon Bennett, who passed away due to the pandemic.
All magistrate hearings, red light camera hearings, planning board meetings, development review committee meetings, and public art committee meetings in May are canceled.
Online Fitness Classes:
The City has introduced additional online fitness classes and a creative writing class that allow you to move your body, exercise your mind, and engage with others safely. Visit www.Tamarac.org/Parks for an updated list.
Crisis Intervention, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse Resources:
Broward County’s 2-1-1 Broward is a live, 24-hour comprehensive helpline, providing all people with crisis support and health and human services. Call 2-1-1 or visit 211-broward.org/service.
Those suffering from mental health or substance abuse issues can call Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration at (800) 662-HELP or visit Samhsa.gov.
The Broward Addiction Recovery Center, or BARC, provides addiction recovery services for the residents of Broward County. Call (954) 357-4880 or visit broward.org/AddictionRecovery
There are concerns that a combination of pandemic-related stress, people staying at home, and economic impacts from the situation will lead to an increase in domestic violence. Any victims or witnesses to domestic violence are encouraged to call law enforcement or Florida’s Abuse Hotline, available 24 hours a day at (800) 962-2873.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family