By Ryan Yousefi
A Tamarac man faces multiple felony charges after being caught on camera masturbating outside a neighbor’s window and attempting to enter her home.
On July 14, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene of an attempted burglary within the Woodlands Community.
According to the report, upon arrival, a frantic resident told deputies she had been sleeping in her bedroom when she was awakened by tapping on her bedroom window.
Frightened, the victim recounted to law enforcement how she quickly checked her home surveillance cameras. She was horrified to discover an unknown man, later identified as Brenden Louissaint, 29, of Tamarac, lurking in her rear screened-in pool enclosure.
The victim told deputies she observed Loussaint peering into her bedroom through the window blinds and continuously pacing around the property, attempting to look into various windows and open sliding glass doors while holding something in his hand.
The object, initially thought by the victim as a weapon, was later determined to be Loussaint’s penis.
According to the arrest report, the victim frantically looked for her gun but could not locate it, and soon after dialed 911.
Deputies quickly set up a perimeter in the area. They successfully located and detained Loussaint approximately nine houses away from the victim’s home near the 5600 block of Mulberry Drive, according to the arrest report.
As Loussaint was taken into custody, further investigation by deputies discovered Loussaint had been masturbating while looking inside the victim’s windows.
After positively identifying Loussaint as the man seen on surveillance, the victim recognized him as the same person she had seen pacing in front of her home the previous day.
During interviews with Toussaint, deputies found he lives just a few houses away. He is well known by law enforcement due to multiple past episodes that led to him being held for mental health evaluations.
Loussaint told deputies he had been locked out of his home that night but denied any of the actions he was charged with, including those caught on camera.
Loussaint was arrested and charged with attempted burglary, voyeurism, indecent exposure, stalking, and prowling. He is currently being held on a $13,000 bond.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Restaurant Ordered Closed After Inspection Discovers 13 Health Code Violations
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024BSO Rallies to Safeguard Seniors with Scam Prevention Event
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26