By: Saraana Jamraj
A Tamarac man was arrested after a secret service agent allegedly witnessed him groping an elderly woman at Broward Mall on Monday.
Agent Justin McLaurin told detectives that he saw the man, Leo Pierre-Jerome, 32, grab the buttocks of an elderly woman trying to run away from him. The 72-year-old woman said she was sitting in the food court when she felt someone walk up from behind her and “grab her breasts very hard.”
She got up and tried to escape him, and while doing so, he grabbed her buttocks.
McLaurin then intervened, and Pierre-Jerome tripped while trying to him, and then the agent handcuffed him.
Plantation Police arrived, and the woman provided a sworn statement and told them she would like to press charges.
In September, Pierre-Jerome was charged with battery and given a $1,000 bond after allegedly touching a 69-year-old woman’s buttocks, and whispering in her ear at a Marshalls at Sawgrass Mills according to NBC Miami.
Pierre-Jerome was charged with one count of lewd, lascivious molestation of an elderly disabled person, and one count of battery on a victim 65 years or older for the Plantation incident. He is being held pending trial with a $10,000 bond.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.30Commissioner Bolton Expresses Remorse Over Calling City Attorney ‘Untrustworthy’
- News2020.12.23Broward County Moves Forward with Curfew in Anticipation of Holiday Covid-19 Spike
- News2020.12.15With Tight Deadline, the City of Tamarac Seeks Emergency Interim Legal Services