By: Saraana Jamraj
A Tamarac man was arrested after a secret service agent allegedly witnessed him groping an elderly woman at Broward Mall on Monday.
Agent Justin McLaurin told detectives that he saw the man, Leo Pierre-Jerome, 32, grab the buttocks of an elderly woman trying to run away from him. The 72-year-old woman said she was sitting in the food court when she felt someone walk up from behind her and “grab her breasts very hard.”
She got up and tried to escape him, and while doing so, he grabbed her buttocks.
McLaurin then intervened, and Pierre-Jerome tripped while trying to him, and then the agent handcuffed him.
Plantation Police arrived, and the woman provided a sworn statement and told them she would like to press charges.
In September, Pierre-Jerome was charged with battery and given a $1,000 bond after allegedly touching a 69-year-old woman’s buttocks, and whispering in her ear at a Marshalls at Sawgrass Mills according to NBC Miami.
Pierre-Jerome was charged with one count of lewd, lascivious molestation of an elderly disabled person, and one count of battery on a victim 65 years or older for the Plantation incident. He is being held pending trial with a $10,000 bond.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.02.19Bolton Announces Bold New Plans for Seniors and Residents at Tamarac Fundraiser
- Events2020.02.17Tamarac Wants to Hear from Parents of Children with Special Needs
- News2020.02.13‘All Muscle Saturdays’ Workout Classes Held at Tamarac Fitness Court
- News2020.02.11Improvements Proposed for Tamarac’s Sunset Point and Veterans’ Park