By Kevin Deutsch
Undercover detectives in Tamarac caught two teenagers prowling for cars to target in the Sun Vista and Central Parc communities, authorities said.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, detectives spotted three prowlers on Aug. 3 while working to solve a string of recent car burglaries in the area.
The trio of suspects led deputies on a short foot pursuit. Two were caught and arrested: Isaiah Williams, 18, of 1610 SW 68th Ave. in North Lauderdale, and an unnamed 17-year-old who lives outside of Tamarac, authorities said.
The third prowler got away, authorities said.
“One of the suspects confessed that he and his pals were attempting to gain unlawful vehicle entries,” the city of Tamarac said in a Facebook post announcing the arrests. “Further investigation revealed the suspects were in possession of gloves, often used to disguise fingerprints when committing these types of crimes.”
Williams was charged with prowling and resisting arrest without violence. He was being held on a $600 bond at the Broward County Main Jail Saturday.
It was not immediately clear what charges were filed against the unnamed 17-year-old.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.05.13‘Kill Them One by One’: Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Workers
- News2023.05.12Caught on Camera: Help Solve a Murder Mystery in North Lauderdale
- News2023.05.11Hot ‘Nugget’ Controversy: McDonald’s Faces Lawsuit Over ‘McScalding’ Incident
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose