By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac man has been arrested after stabbing and killing his stepfather in their Lime Bay condo.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 911 dispatchers received a call that Jonathan Lauf, 32, had stabbed his stepfather to death.
When Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived at the residence at 9081 Lime Bay Blvd, they discovered the body of John Licausi, 60, on the floor in a pool of blood.
Lauf admitted to stabbing and killing the victim several hours earlier because he thought his stepfather was the “Devil.”
Detectives took Lauf into custody without incident.
Lauf has four previous arrests in Broward County for charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery, possession of fentanyl, possession of cannabis, obstruction and petit theft.
He is now facing a charge for premeditated murder.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire