By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac man has been arrested after stabbing and killing his stepfather in their Lime Bay condo.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 911 dispatchers received a call that Jonathan Lauf, 32, had stabbed his stepfather to death.
When Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived at the residence at 9081 Lime Bay Blvd, they discovered the body of John Licausi, 60, on the floor in a pool of blood.
Lauf admitted to stabbing and killing the victim several hours earlier because he thought his stepfather was the “Devil.”
Detectives took Lauf into custody without incident.
Lauf has four previous arrests in Broward County for charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery, possession of fentanyl, possession of cannabis, obstruction and petit theft.
He is now facing a charge for premeditated murder.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.12Official 2020/21 Broward County Public Schools Calendar
- News2019.12.11Marlon Bolton Appointed Vice Mayor at Tamarac Commission Meeting
- News2019.12.11Sheriff Tony Terminates Deputy for Using Excessive Force on Tamarac Teen
- News2019.12.10Free Living Interactive Recreation of Bethlehem is Back in Coral Springs