By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac man has been arrested after stabbing and killing his stepfather in their Lime Bay condo.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 911 dispatchers received a call that Jonathan Lauf, 32, had stabbed his stepfather to death.
When Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived at the residence at 9081 Lime Bay Blvd, they discovered the body of John Licausi, 60, on the floor in a pool of blood.
Lauf admitted to stabbing and killing the victim several hours earlier because he thought his stepfather was the “Devil.”
Detectives took Lauf into custody without incident.
Lauf has four previous arrests in Broward County for charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery, possession of fentanyl, possession of cannabis, obstruction and petit theft.
He is now facing a charge for premeditated murder.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup