By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac man has been arrested after stabbing and killing his stepfather in their Lime Bay condo.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 911 dispatchers received a call that Jonathan Lauf, 32, had stabbed his stepfather to death.
When Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived at the residence at 9081 Lime Bay Blvd, they discovered the body of John Licausi, 60, on the floor in a pool of blood.
Lauf admitted to stabbing and killing the victim several hours earlier because he thought his stepfather was the “Devil.”
Detectives took Lauf into custody without incident.
Lauf has four previous arrests in Broward County for charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery, possession of fentanyl, possession of cannabis, obstruction and petit theft.
He is now facing a charge for premeditated murder.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County