Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Event
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Through a cooperative agreement, several Broward County cities hold one-day events throughout the year to dispose of hazardous materials.
These cities are Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Tamarac.
Held on Saturday, December 3, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents may drop off these items: aerosol products, ammonia, ammunition, antifreeze, auto fluids, auto batteries, boat batteries, boat fluids, charcoal starter, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), drain cleaners, fertilizer, fire extinguishers, fireworks, flares, fluorescent tubes, gasoline, herbicides, household cleansers, insecticide, kerosene, lawn chemicals, lighter fluid, mercury thermometers, motor oil, nail polish & remover, paint, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, propane tanks, rechargeable batteries, rust remover, solvents, spot remover, tires (limit 4), turpentine, weedkiller, wood stain, and wood stripper.
Also included are answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, and wires.
Business and government-generated waste, explosives, bio-hazardous waste, microwaves, and appliances.
This month’s location is in Tamarac at 6011 Nob Hill Road. Residents will not need to leave their vehicles. Just drive through, show a valid driver’s license from one of the participating cities above, and workers will remove the items from your vehicle.
Remember, residents may not drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes