By Sharon Aron Baron
Parents looking for a safe and exciting place for their children over winter break have a great option in Coral Springs.
The Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital’s Camp Wild is an interactive environmental day camp where campers from ages 6 -12 explore the outdoors and learn about environmental topics through prepared lessons and interaction with the Nature Center’s permanent animal ambassadors.
Led by the Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital’s adventurous staff, campers will discover the mysteries of nature, hands-on science activities, animal visits, outdoor exploration, and nature-inspired crafts.
Camp sessions run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Extended hours are available for an additional fee and with advanced notice.
Week 1: Animals Around the World December 26 – 30, 2022
During this week, we will be focused on learning about ecosystems around the world and how animals have become adapted to live within these varied regions. Campers will explore many different ecosystems and critical species within them and learn how these species are built to survive.
In addition, campers will participate in outdoor activities and crafts and meet some of our animal ambassadors representing these areas.
Week 2: Ecosystem Engineers January 2 – 6, 2022
During Week 2, we will focus on animal ecosystem engineers that help to build and develop the ecosystem where they live.
Through interactive activities and lessons, campers will explore topics regarding how animals and other organisms are interconnected to impact the ecosystem and how we can affect those impacts both negatively and positively.
Camp Wild provides an educational and social experience that keeps campers coming back time after time.
The Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital is a 501c3 organization dedicated to environmental education and native wildlife rehabilitation. Thousands of adults and children are reached each year through visitation and environmental educational programming, and over 1400 animals are treated through the wildlife hospital.
Located at 3000 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition