By Saraana Jamraj
A Tamarac real estate office surprised post office workers with 65 lunches prepared by a family-owned Italian restaurant.
David Mohabir, owner and sales manager of ReMax Interaction Realty, and his team wanted to do something special for the essential postal workers during this crisis.
Mohabir has kept all agents and staff on the payroll, and they’ve been working from home, virtually. While his team feels lucky for this, they wanted to support essential workers who still have to go into work every day.
“We have to uplift each other and be there,” said Mohabir.
They arranged lunch for each of the workers at the Tamarac Branch located at 7875 NW 57th Street, because they wanted to help out their neighbors, and wanted to do something different.
Other people and businesses have been providing meals for medical workers, which Mohabir admires. So he wanted to give attention to another critical group of essential workers, serving the community throughout the pandemic.
His office chose Milano’s Italian Grill in Tamarac to collaborate with and ordered 65 lunches, which included sandwiches—chicken, veggie, Italian, Caprese, along with cookies and water.
Mohabir, and two Remax agents, Lorraine Thomas and Sharon Wong-Hollis, delivered the meals themselves.
“[The post office workers] were so shocked someone would do this for them—they were elated and so appreciative,” said Mohabir.
For him, the latest donation falls in line with the values of his office, where they put faith and community first and foremost—holding Thanksgiving food drives and Christmas toy drives annually.
“It’s about giving back to the community that we work in, live in, and play in, which is Tamarac,” said Mohabir.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover