By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac continues with its fifth round of the Residential Assistance Program for residents financially impacted by Covid-19.
Applicants must be Tamarac residents who can document income hardships due to Covid-19 and must belong to households that do not exceed 120 percent of the area median income.
If they qualify, residents can receive up to six months of assistance with eligible expenses such as mortgage payments, rent, and utilities such as light, water, and natural gas.
According to the city, residents submitting incomplete applications will not be considered, they must have a verifiable and documented income hardship as a direct result of COVID-19.
The funds are awarded as grants, and the checks are sent directly to landlords, mortgage lenders, and/or utility providers, and HOA late fees and re-housing costs are included in the grant.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have a verifiable and documented income hardship as a direct result of COVID-19.
- This is a one-time assistance opportunity, based on payments owed and/or past due.
- Payments will not exceed six (6) months and $5,000.
- No advanced payments will be made.
- Funds are awarded as grants.
- Checks are sent directly to landlords, mortgage lenders, and/or utility providers.
Residential Assistance will remain open until all funds are exhausted. Visit www.Tamarac.org/Housing to apply.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.