By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is set to pay tribute to our nation’s heroes with its annual Veterans Day Ceremony on Saturday, Nov. 11, at 10:30 a.m.
For the first time since 2021, following extensive renovations, the event will be hosted at Veterans Memorial Park.
A procession featuring the Tamarac Fire Rescue Honor Guard will open the ceremony with a massing of colors. Jay Koutcher from the Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee will be leading the community in the Pledge of Allegiance, while vocalist Chantal Deshaies will render the national anthem. Also, a performance of the “Armed Forces Salute” by The Miamians, and the poignant melodies of “Amazing Grace” by the Celtic Bagpipe Team.
A moment of respect and remembrance will be observed through a wreath-laying ceremony dedicated to America’s fallen warriors. In addition to these solemn tributes, the program will feature a keynote address by retired Navy Lieutenant Commander Dan Gately, a veteran with extensive service history, including deployments with the “Raptors” of Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron 71.
The festivities will continue with Tamarac’s Mayor and city officials conducting a ribbon-cutting ceremony to introduce the newly added park features, including updated parking facilities and restrooms.
The City has announced that event parking will be accommodated on-site at Veterans Memorial Park, located at 7825 Southgate Blvd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family