By: Sharon Aron Baron
An elderly veteran from Tamarac was on his way to the V.A. clinic when he was fatally struck as he attempted to walk across the road early this morning. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigations detectives are investigating the crash.
At approximately 6:29 a.m., Edith L. Nance, 36, of Pompano Beach was driving her 2005 Acura westbound on Commercial Blvd in the left thru lane when her car struck Willie J. Span, 70, a resident of Sunset Isle in the Mainlands 13, who was attempting to cross after he had just gotten off a bus on the north side of the roadway.
Span was walking from the bus stop, south across the westbound lanes, towards the Broward County V.A. Outpatient Clinic located at 9800 block of W. Commercial Blvd. In the darkness, the driver was not able to see hime as he was dressed in dark-colored clothing.
Span sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by Tamarac Fire Rescue.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semi-Annual Garage Sale
- News2020.01.21Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac January 31