By: Sharon Aron Baron
An elderly veteran from Tamarac was on his way to the V.A. clinic when he was fatally struck as he attempted to walk across the road early this morning. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigations detectives are investigating the crash.
At approximately 6:29 a.m., Edith L. Nance, 36, of Pompano Beach was driving her 2005 Acura westbound on Commercial Blvd in the left thru lane when her car struck Willie J. Span, 70, a resident of Sunset Isle in the Mainlands 13, who was attempting to cross after he had just gotten off a bus on the north side of the roadway.
Span was walking from the bus stop, south across the westbound lanes, towards the Broward County V.A. Outpatient Clinic located at 9800 block of W. Commercial Blvd. In the darkness, the driver was not able to see hime as he was dressed in dark-colored clothing.
Span sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by Tamarac Fire Rescue.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup