By: Sharon Aron Baron
An elderly veteran from Tamarac was on his way to the V.A. clinic when he was fatally struck as he attempted to walk across the road early this morning. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigations detectives are investigating the crash.
At approximately 6:29 a.m., Edith L. Nance, 36, of Pompano Beach was driving her 2005 Acura westbound on Commercial Blvd in the left thru lane when her car struck Willie J. Span, 70, a resident of Sunset Isle in the Mainlands 13, who was attempting to cross after he had just gotten off a bus on the north side of the roadway.
Span was walking from the bus stop, south across the westbound lanes, towards the Broward County V.A. Outpatient Clinic located at 9800 block of W. Commercial Blvd. In the darkness, the driver was not able to see hime as he was dressed in dark-colored clothing.
Span sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by Tamarac Fire Rescue.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club