By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Tamarac from January 21 through January 28.
9100 block of Chambers Street
On January 22 between 5:15 p.m. and 5:55 p.m., the victim saw an unknown subject inside his vehicle that he had left unlocked. The subject fled the area when confronted.
5900 block of Royal Way
Between January 21 at 10:00 p.m. and January 22 at 7:15 a.m., the victim’s vehicle was entered by an unknown subject without force. Two pairs of expensive sunglasses and cell phone cords were taken.
2500 block of NW 53rd Street
On January 22, the victim reported that the suspect, who was a roommate for approximately six weeks, took eight envelopes of money totaling $44,900.
Inn Town Suites
Between January 24 at 9:00 p.m. and January 25 at 7:30 a.m., an unknown suspect stole four rims and tires off of a BMW in the parking lot overnight.
6500 block of North University Drive
Occurred on January 25 at 12:32 p.m.
Publix Supermarket – 5881 North University Drive
On January 22 at 2:47 p.m., the subject was seen taking crabmeat and steaks from the store without paying for them.
CVS – 3915 W Commercial Blvd
On January 28 between 1:46 a.m. and 1:58 a.m., two subjects entered CVS, and one subject took a pack of condoms costing $27.99. The two subjects walked together, passed all points of sales and exited the store, failing to pay for the merchandise.
6100 block of Pine Tree Lane
On January 24 at 10:20 p.m., a shooting/unlawful discharge occurred. No victim was located. Four spent 9mm casings and one live 380 round were submitted into evidence.
Publix 4101 West Commercial Boulevard
On January 22, the victim reported that an unknown suspect(s) had withdrawn $1,003 from the ATM at the above location on December 31 using the victim’s debit card that she had in hand in Minnesota.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.01.19WOWMoms World: A New One-Stop Shop for Modern Moms
- Crime & Safety2020.01.17Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through January 13
- Crime & Safety2020.01.07Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through January 4
- Crime & Safety2020.01.01Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through December 30