By Agrippina Fadel
The event combining a live battle of local bands and a competitive car show had many residents stopping by to check out the music, bounce houses, and exotic rides. The entertainment included a special performance by the Happy Daze Band and an impressive lineup of local food trucks.
The car show judges chose the Top 40 cars and awarded Lagigi’s 1982 Toyota Starlet the “Best of Show” trophy.
AWALL was in high school by members Chris, Tanner, Pablo, Steven, and Connor. They perform alternative rock with “flavors of classic rock, grunge, and metal.”
“We went in feeling warmed up and hungry for the win,” said Pablo, adding that the musicians always approach every performance as if it was their last show ever.
“I truly believe we left it all on that stage, and something magical happened. Getting this win was a reminder to ourselves that we’re on the right path. These competitions keep us sharp and help us refine our stage presence,” he added.
The battle was “pretty steep,” with every one of the five participating bands demonstrating immense talent and presence, said Pablo.
AWALL members called the award “a blessing” and said they would use the money to promote the band.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo