By: Sharon Aron Baron
One teen was looking for the perfect opportunity to to commit a crime. Even if his victim was a child.
As a 4-year-old boy watched cartoons on an iPad as he waited for his mom inside a Tamarac salon, a teenager paced back and forth outside. Then he opened the front door and asked an employee if his mother was there. When the employee turned her head away to look, the teen snatched the iPad from the child’s hands and ran.
Surveillance video captured the robbery, which happened just before 7 p.m. July 24 inside the Grace Salon at 5449 N. State Road 7 in Tamarac. Witnesses described the suspect as about 5-foot-6 with a thin build. His hair was shaved on the side with twists on top. He was wearing a purple T-shirt with INVS written across the front, beige, baggy shorts and black slides with socks. The 4-year-old victim, whose mother works at the salon, was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Mark Copley at (954) 321-4270 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club