By: Sharon Aron Baron
One teen was looking for the perfect opportunity to to commit a crime. Even if his victim was a child.
As a 4-year-old boy watched cartoons on an iPad as he waited for his mom inside a Tamarac salon, a teenager paced back and forth outside. Then he opened the front door and asked an employee if his mother was there. When the employee turned her head away to look, the teen snatched the iPad from the child’s hands and ran.
Surveillance video captured the robbery, which happened just before 7 p.m. July 24 inside the Grace Salon at 5449 N. State Road 7 in Tamarac. Witnesses described the suspect as about 5-foot-6 with a thin build. His hair was shaved on the side with twists on top. He was wearing a purple T-shirt with INVS written across the front, beige, baggy shorts and black slides with socks. The 4-year-old victim, whose mother works at the salon, was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Mark Copley at (954) 321-4270 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton