By Sharon Aron Baron
Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek (TBTST) is holding a unique combination of events: an open house and a day dedicated to social action.
On Sunday, August 20, the day will start by providing service, learning, and engagement opportunities for the South Florida Jewish community and all interested visitors.
The Social Action Day, also known as Mitzvah Day, will involve various service activities emphasizing Tikkun Olam, a Jewish concept that translates to repairing or perfecting the world.
Volunteer opportunities include giving blood from 9 am, preparing sandwiches for the WeCare Food Pantry, crafting chew toys for the Humane Society of Broward County, separating donated clothing for veterans, and sorting handbags and accessories donated to the Broward Partnership for the Homeless.
In addition to these service activities, the event will feature children’s activities and a barbeque sponsored by the Men’s Club after the day’s projects.
The open house, running concurrently with the Mitzvah Day, will offer a comprehensive look into the synagogue’s offerings, including its preschool, Hebrew school, and youth group. Families, singles, adults, teens, and children are invited to attend and learn more about how TBTST can enrich their Jewish experience.
Notably, the open house will provide an informal setting for community members and visitors to meet the synagogue’s clergy: Rabbi Rami Pavolotzky, Rabbi Daniela Szuster, and Cantor Jenna Kramarow.
Sisterhood and Men’s Club representatives will also be present to discuss their groups’ activities and membership.
At 5700 NW 94th Avenue in Tamarac, visit www.tbtst.org or contact the synagogue office at 954-721-7660 ext. 110.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac