By Saraana Jamraj
While Broward County prepares for phase one’s relaxed restrictions, questions linger about how COVID-19 will impact children as they continue distance learning for the rest of the school year.
On May 14, a virtual town hall will be held to discuss some of those issues that will impact the youth.
Hosted by State Senator Perry Thurston, Jr., who represents Tamarac, he will be in conversation with Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie.
Questions submissions are encouraged, and they will be addressed during the meeting.
The virtual town hall will be held on Thursday, May 14, at 7:15 p.m. and can be viewed on Facebook Live from Senator Perry Thurston’s Facebook page.
Got News? Send a message to Tamarac Talk.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.05.28Commission Proposes Transferring $250,000 in Relief for Tamarac Residents
- News2020.05.26Mitch Ceasar Qualifies to Run for Broward Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.05.26Commission Set to Discuss Resident Assistance, Woodlands Development, and White Supremacy
- News2020.05.21Census Hiring Bilingual Employees