By Saraana Jamraj
While Broward County prepares for phase one’s relaxed restrictions, questions linger about how COVID-19 will impact children as they continue distance learning for the rest of the school year.
On May 14, a virtual town hall will be held to discuss some of those issues that will impact the youth.
Hosted by State Senator Perry Thurston, Jr., who represents Tamarac, he will be in conversation with Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie.
Questions submissions are encouraged, and they will be addressed during the meeting.
The virtual town hall will be held on Thursday, May 14, at 7:15 p.m. and can be viewed on Facebook Live from Senator Perry Thurston’s Facebook page.
Got News? Send a message to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover