By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac Talk is getting down and dirty and talking trash! Well, here we go…..
Waste Management wants your community to be a happy customer and will appear at your homeowner’s association meetings and answer questions that your residents have about their trash.
At the recent Woodlands Homeowner’s Association Meeting, residents brought up service issues which included pickup, and carts being left in disarray after the trucks rolled away.
There were several instances that have been reported where trash or yard waste had not been picked up. It is those instances that WM directs residents to contact customer service and a truck would be called out. Waste Management heavily monitors all routes with GPS as well as equips each vehicle with a camera, and will make sure that homes are not overlooked in the future. Residents were also concerned about carts left toppled over or lying in the street.
WM explained that because of the mechanical arm of the machine if the carts being placed too close together on both garbage pickup and recycling, the second pickup of the day will cause the first cart to be pushed aside to gain access. They recommend that both carts are placed a cart’s length apart in the mornings so that the arm can gain access to each.
Other good news: If you have a cart that you feel is too large or small for your needs, now is the time to change them out. Between October 1 – January 1, homeowners can decrease the size of their cans. Want a bigger can? You can upgrade it at any time throughout the year! This is good news for those that have increased their recycling or may have received a cart that was too big for their needs. Just call (866) 684-3142 and speak to a customer service representative. They will give you a confirmation number and have you place the old cart on the curb and exchange it for the new size. You may only make changes one time only.
Waste Management reminds residents that carts must be out by 8 a.m. Typically, they do not arrive before that time, so it is safe to roll out your carts in the morning.
Bulk trash pickup is once a week for single-family homes. The day depends upon which part of Tamarac you live in. This includes objects such as appliances, furniture, mattresses, sink basins, toilets, small cabinets, closet shelving. They will even collect a washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator or air conditioner!
Other examples could include limited quantities of yard waste and construction debris. Yard waste may be placed in the cart, however, if it’s not in the cart, it must meet the following requirements:
- The weight shall not exceed 50 pounds
- The material must be less than four feet in length and less than four inches in diameter (single piece)
- The material shall be neatly stacked, tied or secured in such a manner that prevents spillage when collected.
- Contractors/Landscapers must remove any debris they generate
Don’t forget: Once your trash is picked up, no one wants to see your cart. No one. So put it in your garage, or hide it behind your home. No, the front of your garage is not your dumpster. So don’t make the facade of your home look like one.
You can contact Waste Management at (954) 974-7500. However, if you have real dirt to share, then contact Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale