Update: Commissioners Bushnell and Glasser have confirmed that they will run again in November. There is time for you to decide if you would like to file to run. Please read more.
Two City Commissioners are up for reelection in the November election and residents are welcome to qualify at the City of Tamarac if they would like to run for these seats.
Both Diane Glasser of District 3 and Pamela Bushnell of District 1 are up for reelection. The City Clerk’s office is open for all residents who qualify to run, to come and file starting June 4th through June 8th. I have not heard confirmation for either Glasser or Bushnell that they are running again, although I have heard from a source that Glasser is.
I will keep you updated when I hear back from them.
In the meantime, if you’d like to run to be City Commissioner of District 1 or District 3, to qualify you must:
- Be a resident of Broward County
- Live in that district in which you are running
- Open a campaign checking account prior to qualifying
- Go to the City of Tamarac between June 4th and noon on June 8th where you will pay filing fees totalling $293.50 from your campaign checking account and you will also fill out paperwork.
District 1 in Tamarac Florida. If you are interested in Running for this Commission Seat, you need to live in this area.
District 3 in Tamarac Florida. If you are interested in Running for this Commission Seat, you need to live in this area.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.