By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
With empty shelves and yellow clearance tags, Walgreens is permanently closing one of its locations in Tamarac on June 24, at 10:00 p.m.
Located at 8199 N University Dr., Walgreens serves the residents near the communities of Woodmont and Heathgate-Sunflower.
According to spokesperson Erin Loverher, Walgreens made a business decision to close the location. She said prescription files at the store would automatically transfer to their 8790 W. McNab Road location.
“Customers will not need to take any action and have already received a letter in the mail with details on the transfer. In addition, all of the store’s employees will transfer to positions at other Walgreens area stores,” she said.
Several residents on Nextdoor complained about driving to the other location.
“[The] only inconvenience now [is] I would drive further between my prescription pick up,” wrote Tamarac resident Jay Martinez on Nexdoor. “For those of us in Woodmont, we don’t have to cross major roads at all. Getting used to how a new pharmacy works is a pain, despite it being part of the same company.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- NewsMay 11, 2022Get Roped Into Attending Tamarac’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- NewsAugust 2, 2021Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- NewsJuly 28, 2021Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- NewsJuly 22, 2021Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7