By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man pummeled and attempted to rob a victim of $2 in Tamarac before a witness stepped in to help, court records show.
The victim told police he was walking outside the CVS at 6900 N. University Drive on June 10 when Kervens Chery, 23, of Riverside Drive, asked him for money. The man explained he had none to give him, according to an arrest affidavit filed by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
“You will give me two dollars,” Chery allegedly told the man before grabbing and punching him in the back of his head.
The victim fell to the ground, where Chery punched him multiple times in his face and head, records show. At that point a witness intervened, police said, preventing Chery from taking any money from the victim.
Chery was arrested and charged with robbery without a weapon; a second-degree felony.
He was being held at the BSO Main Jail Monday on a $5,000 bond, jail records show.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.26BSO Seeks Tips in Lauderdale Lakes Gas Station Attack
- News2022.01.26Calling All Blood Donors: Roll Up Your Sleeve and Get A Dozen Free Doughnuts in Tamarac
- News2022.01.23Man Strangled, Smashed Girlfriend Over Head With Acoustic Drum
- News2022.01.22Tamarac Crime Update: $17,700 in Cash Stolen From Safe, Replaced With Fake Money