By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man pummeled and attempted to rob a victim of $2 in Tamarac before a witness stepped in to help, court records show.
The victim told police he was walking outside the CVS at 6900 N. University Drive on June 10 when Kervens Chery, 23, of Riverside Drive, asked him for money. The man explained he had none to give him, according to an arrest affidavit filed by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
“You will give me two dollars,” Chery allegedly told the man before grabbing and punching him in the back of his head.
The victim fell to the ground, where Chery punched him multiple times in his face and head, records show. At that point a witness intervened, police said, preventing Chery from taking any money from the victim.
Chery was arrested and charged with robbery without a weapon; a second-degree felony.
He was being held at the BSO Main Jail Monday on a $5,000 bond, jail records show.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Virtual Forum Simplifies Tax Mysteries for Residents and Businesses in Lauderhill
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Free Jazz Event Heads to Lauderhill