By: Sharon Aron Baron
We are pleased to present our Limerick contest winner and honorable mentions. Thanks so much for entering. The first place winner receives a $50 gift card to Wings Plus to use for the upcoming St Patrick’s Day celebration or any other day of the year.
The topic was local and national politics and we received quite a few about Donald Trump. Here are our our top picks:
First Place: Submitted by Merry Gaeta
Pretty soon we’ll all have to choose
Between Rubio, Trump or Ted Cruz.
So make a wise choice
Let the world hear your voice.
This election is one we can’t lose.
Submitted by Michelle Morse
What’s Springs public art all about?
I’m trying to figure it out.
Twisted metal and tile,
An egg with a smile,
And beasts made from junk folks threw out.
Submitted by Carie Piccirillo
There once was a man named Trump.
Whose big hotels were a dump.
All the millions he spent.
As he ran for president.
Had us all hoping he’d fall on his rump.
Submitted by Joe Stern
A man named Trump once ran
For the biggest job in the land
His words were not kind
But his fans didn’t mind
And had no clue what he had planned
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup