By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man is accused of kicking a woman’s dog at the Gary B. Jones Dog Park in Tamarac, then assaulting two women according to witnesses.
On April 20, around 10 a.m., two dog owners got into a verbal argument over a dog. The owner told the Broward Sheriff’s Office that a man kicked her dog. Then, as they were exiting the dog park they got into a verbal argument. The man’s version was the female’s dog was being aggressive towards his dog and when he was leaving the park, he picked up the other woman’s dog and handed it to her, so it would not exit the small dog area.
One witness who provided the video said the woman yelled at the man for kicking her dog, who then threatened to kick her and proceeded to slam the gate to the small dog area in her face.
“I arrived shortly after the initial dog kick. I was told the dog walked into the corral area (the area between the entrances) and he kicked it back out into the play yard area – not sure how hard, but the dog was ok.”
The man has not been charged by BSO.
The witness said she was upset that the man was not charged because there were eight witnesses and two women were assaulted.
“Apparently, this gentleman’s story overrides everyone else’s.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting