By Ryan Yousefi
A Tamarac resident has been arrested and charged with domestic battery against a victim aged 65 or older after allegedly seriously injuring her boyfriend during a political argument.
On August 26, Broward County Sheriff’s deputies received an emergency domestic violence call with reported injuries from a residence at the 5800 block of 64th Avenue.
Upon arrival at the scene, officers contacted the victim, who informed them that amid a heated debate over politics, he had been physically assaulted by a woman, later identified as Karman Bernadette Moore, 60, of Tamarac.
The victim displayed visible severe injuries, including a laceration on the head from which blood was pouring and noticeable scratch marks across his back.
According to the victim, Moore became physically aggressive during the argument, leading to the injuries sustained.
Officers subsequently interviewed Moore, who displayed no visible injuries or cuts consistent with engaging in a physical altercation. Moore admitted to having a contentious argument with the victim, citing political differences as the catalyst for the disagreement.
Moore also revealed they had been in a relationship with the victim for several years.
Moore was taken into custody and transported to the Broward County Main Jail. She was later released after posting a $100 bond.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsDecember 5, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Toy Drive Spreads Holiday Cheer
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Senior Citizen Wreaks Havoc During DMV Eye Exam, Faces Charges for Equipment Demolition